'Smoke alarms save lives' ... and property. All houses including rental accomodation should have smoke alarms installed. The NZ Fire Service recommends you install long-life photoelectric type smoke alarms. They may be a bit more expensive, but the benefits are significant:
- they provide a minimum of 10 years smoke detection.
- they remove the frustration of fixing the 'flat battery beeps'.
- the cost of replacement batteries for standard alarms means the long-life one effectively pays for itself over its lifetime.
- elderly don't have to scale ladders to replace batteries annually.
- photoelectric are not so succeptible to false alarms from kitchen smoke.
At a minimum, you should install one standard photoelectric alarm in the hallway closest to the bedrooms. >>Learn more
Landlord tip of the month. If you would like to share a Landlord tip we would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org . We are looking for short sharp 1 or 2 paragraph tips which will help us all. If we use your tip in a newsletter there will be a small gift in the mail in appreciation for your effort. :-)
If you have had a TINZ tenant check come back without a Drivers License match here are some possible reasons for it being invalid.
- License is not current.
- License has been disqualified.
- Demerit points have exceeded 100 points.
- You have incorrect license number or version number.
- It is a fake
If you inputted correctly but do not get a Drivers License match, the license holder is able to contact NZ Transport Agency to see why. Ph 0800 822422
To learn more about other TINZ features visit our Tutorial Videos page
LOVE TINZ ?
We would like to say thanks and reward
the next time you Refer a friend.
Suggestions? Many improvements made on the website are directly linked to suggestions from members. If you think we could do something different or better we would love to hear from you in our Suggestion Box.
Article of Interest
Landlord cover needs strong foundations
Owners of rentals should proceed with caution, read the fineprint and know the risks when it comes to insuring their property. Insuring your own home is fraught with traps. And it's doubly hard for landlords.
TINZ appreciates support and endorsement from..
From the desk of the NZPIF..
>> Cheaper power not a general WOF acheives warm homes. 12/2/14
>> Property investors provide a service and fill the gap. 18/2/14
>> State House WOF 19/2/14
We are always happy to hear from you and assist in any way we can.