Your property inspection report should have an item..
"Smoke Alarm working?" Yes/No
Tenants often remove batteries when it beeps the low battery warning, and forget to replace them. Be proactive and have batteries on hand when you do your property inspections. It's goodwill towards tenants, helpful for any insurance claim and can save lives.
The NZ Fire Service recommends you install long-life photoelectric type smoke alarms. They may be a bit more expensive, but the benefits are significant:
- they provide a minimum of 10 years smoke detection.
- they remove the frustration of fixing the 'flat battery beeps'.
- the cost of replacement batteries for standard alarms means the long-life one effectively pays for itself over its lifetime.
- elderly don't have to scale ladders to replace batteries annually.
- photoelectric are not so succeptible to false alarms from kitchen smoke.
At a minimum, you should install one standard photoelectric alarm in the hallway closest to the bedrooms. >Learn more from the NZ Fire Service
If you have had a TINZ tenant check come back without a Drivers License match here are some possible reasons for it being invalid.
- License is not current.
- License has been disqualified.
- Demerit points have exceeded 100 points.
- You have incorrect license number or version number.
- It is a fake
If you inputted correctly but do not get a Drivers License match, the license holder is able to contact NZ Transport Agency to see why. Ph 0800 822422
This months Winner of a 6 pack of Gold medal French reds is...
Saverys Properties Ltd
Every lodgement enters the next draw.
Learn how to >Lodge references
Suggestions? Many improvements made on the website are directly linked to suggestions from members. If you think we could do something different or better we would love to hear from you in our
TINZ appreciates support and endorsement from..
We are always happy to hear from you and assist in any way we can.